Happy Tuesday Furry Friends!
Before I give you the juicy recipe of the day, I have some startling statistics for you from my favorite Paleo physician Chris Kresser. What will you do to make your body better today?! These stats are UP TO DATE and based off of the most recently published medical journals and studies. EEK!
- Diabesity (obesity + diabetes) affects more than one billion people worldwide, including 100 million Americans and 50% of Americans over 65.
- More than half of Americans are overweight, and a full one-third are clinically obese.
- Recent reports suggest that one-third of people born in 2010 will develop diabetes at some point in their lives.
- 9 out of 10 Americans will develop high blood pressure before they die.
- 4 out of 10 people who die each year in the U.S. die of heart disease, and rates of heart disease are projected to double in the next 50 years.
- Rates of infertility are expected to double in the next decade.
- According to the World Health Organization, depression is now the leading cause of disability, affecting more than 120 million people worldwide.
Quick and Sexy Tuna Salad:
4 cans wild caught tuna
1/2 large white or red onion
2 large pickles, finely chopped
1/4 cup dijon mustard
Splash olive oil
Salt and pepper
Mix all the ingredients together, throw them in some lettuce and you’ve got tuna wraps! Also delicious in between 2 slices of apples or on top of a salad.
Meat for the smoker (and lunch for DAYS):
We used grass fed country style pork ribs, a grassfed tri tip and house made sausage from Country Catering. They had a great selection (including Dey Dey’s best beef), decent prices and were very friendly. It’s nice to support local business :).
We saved the sausage for PaleOMG’s Spring Pasta (see below):
Click the link above, I pretty much made to specification except I added white squash and beefed up the herbs and garlic a bit (I think I about doubled what she called for). Also, stupid vons didn’t even have sketti squash (forgot it when I went to the market the first time) so I got acorn squash which wasn’t even ready in time for dinner. BOO. So we just had a bunch of sausage and veggies. I will try this again when the man/store doesn’t try and squash my dreams!
Sorry, I was hungry 🙂
Live to Thrive,